Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Waits


Quick, get it down before you loose it. Be the needle to a heroin addicts veins. Quick, now, press down, hard, and slide.
Whip down and around past blue veins and red veins and intertwining places, it's knotted there, you might loose your way.
I find myself diagonally crossing through a dated box on my calendar before the day even ends. Is this what it all has come to? Before I blink, I'm gone.
Get inspired in the middle of the day - the afternoon of a Tuesday, with the sun beaming and Tom Waits ringing. Lonely eyes, lonely face.
I want you to believe me that layers of glue really says Iloveyou. Construction paper - cornflower blue, indian red, antique brass, pine green, outer space. Have your pick.
Elmers to colored trees and horse's hooves stuck to Natalie's knees.
Lonely, lonely place.

1 comment: